Friday, October 14, 2011

Yikes!

I have to get busy! I've been trying to work on Miracle Jane whenever I possibly can, but I just haven't been able to get it going. However, my sweetheart is on the path to getting a new kidney! His siblings were all tested and passed the first stage. We decided to stick with his brother, so he has moved to the next stage of testing and yesterday we received the news that he is a match! WAHOO! So, we could potentially have a kidney in the next month or so. It probably won't actually happen till December and possibly January, but either way, I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO to get their quilts finished in time. Although, when he does go for the transplant, I will have about 3 weeks of living in a hotel room. So, I suppose I can always work on the blocks there! My machine will definitely be going with me!
Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, your prayers and your support. This project has been a HUGE comfort for me. It's been a way to release the build up without burdening my sweet hubby when he's already got himself to worry about. Thanks for "listening" and providing a shoulder to lean on!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a relief that is! Prayers that all continues to go well for you!!

    ReplyDelete